If you are caring for a disabled child or disabled adult, a Special Needs Trust is a must-have for your estate plan.
The Gervacio Denda Law Firm can set up a Special Needs Trust in a way that that government benefit eligibility is preserved while at the same time providing assets that will meet the supplemental needs of the disabled person.
The Special Needs Trust can be used for a variety of life-enhancing disbursements without jeopardizing your loved ones’ eligibility for government benefits. These include:
- Annual check-ups at an independent medical facility
- Attendance of religious services
- Supplemental education and tutoring
- Out-of-pocket medical and dental expenses
- Transportation (including purchase of a vehicle)
- Maintenance of vehicles
- Purchase materials for a hobby or recreation activity
- Funds for trips or vacations
- Funds for entertainment such as movies, shows or ballgames.
- Purchase of goods and services that add pleasure and quality to life: computers, videos, furniture, or electronics.
- Athletic training or competitions
- Special dietary needs
- Personal care attendant or escort
A Special Needs Trusts is a must for your estate planning if you have disabled beneficiary.
With offices in Fremont and San Jose, California, and Metro Manila, Philippines, the attorneys of the Gervacio Denda Law Firm assist clients throughout California including Campbell, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Mountain View, Castroville and Marina in Santa Clara County, Monterey County and San Benito