Unfortunately, an increasing number of people are using the legal system to go after honest, hardworking people with “deep pockets”. Over 19 million new lawsuits are filed in the United States every year, many of which are frivolous or settled for sums greater than the actual liability.
Business owners, professionals, and property owners in particular should be aware of the risk associated with conducting their business. Lawsuits have steadily increased over the last few decades. Assets can be at risk due to a number of vulnerabilities, including:
- Professional malpractice liability
- Personal liability of corporate officers and directors
- Lawsuits by former business partners
- Personal injury suffered on your premises
- Personal injury resulting from a motor vehicle accident
- Liability as guarantor for the debts of another
- Liability arising from misconduct
Shielding Assets from Creditors
In addition, our firm has expertise in assisting clients in shielding their assets from potential creditors. We use trusts, examine insurance needs, create estate plans and business entities such as limited liability companies (LLC’s) and corporations so that our clients are able to enjoy the highest level of confidence in terms of the security of their accumulated assets.
In addition, our firm has a solid working knowledge of:
- Domestic and offshore trusts;
- Domestic and offshore and domestic business entity formation;
- Exempt asset protections under state law; and
- Negotiation and preparation of pre and post-marital agreements
The exact strategy will vary depending on the client with the end result being the highest level of protection available.
With offices in Fremont and San Jose, California, and Metro Manila, Philippines, the attorneys of the Gervacio Denda Law Firm assist clients throughout California including Campbell, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Mountain View, Castroville and Marina in Santa Clara County, Monterey County and San Benito